FFA Privacy Statement
Protecting your privacy
We are committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy.
When you register or enter information on our Site, we collect your personal information. Personal information held by us may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone or mobile phone number, email address, username or password. We also hold details of your previous purchases. We use technology to keep track of your online interaction with our Site. Your personal information may also be recorded during conversations and from emails with Fly Fish Australia.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to purchase our products and subscribe to our services;
- administer and manage those products and services, including charging, billing, collecting debts and delivery;
- inform you of sales and new products;
- personalise the Site for you, to communicate with you, and to offer you special promotions;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- research and develop our products and services;
- gain an understanding of your information and product needs in order for us to provide you with better products and services; and
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Also, your personal information is collected so that we, our related bodies and our dealers can promote and market services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages). This is to keep you informed of products, services and special offers and may continue after you cease acquiring products from us. If you do not wish us, our related bodies or our dealers to contact you to promote and market products, services and special offers to you, please advise us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require, we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Fly Fish Australia. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to us providing our services to you.
These organisations carry out our:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing operations;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- market research; and
- website usage analysis.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- our dealers;
- our related companies;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect and use is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address. If you are a subscriber to one of our online products or services, you may change your personal details by using the relevant facility on our Site.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
- We reserve the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
Contact us by email to email@example.com